This turtle coaster is the fifth project from First Time Knits, and is perfect to keep your favourite mug company. You’ll need the First Time Knits book for the knitting pattern, if you don’t already have it, and then you use the materials in this kit to make it. There is an option to buy the kit with or without the book.
The turtle coaster uses all the skills learnt in the first four projects from the book, but also introduces working in knit and purl to create moss stitch alongside a new sewing technique.
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- First Time Knits book - with the knitting pattern in it (optional)
- 1 x 50g of Scheepjes Stone Washed XL in green - 70% cotton, 30% acrylic yarn
- 1 x 50g of Scheepjes Stone Washed XL in brown - 70% cotton, 30% acrylic yarn
- 1 x 50g of Scheepjes Stone Washed XL in yellow - 70% cotton, 30% acrylic yarn
- A pair 4mm (US 6) knitting needles and a pair of 5mm (US 8) needles (optional)
- Darning needle and black yarn for sewing the smile
- Toy stuffing
- 2 x 10mm toy eyes and washers
- Hessian project bag
FINISHED SIZE: 13cm x 19cm (5in x 7.5in)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy for knitters who already know the basics, or beginners after they have worked through the earlier projects in First Time Knits.
STITCHES USED: Knit, Purl, increasing (Kfb and K2tog), mattress stitch for sewing up
Yarn colours may vary, depending on your screen display
Warning: this is not a toy and is not suitable for children under 13 years old. Kit contains small parts.