The Curious Project - Spring Zest
Bag 21 is the first Curious Project of 2021, and will bring a pop of colour to your home. With a lot of us spending more time at home right now, my mystery knitting kit is a fun knit with a fab, snuggly result!
For this Curious Project I've teamed up with Aderice Palmer-Jones for the Spring Zest kit. Her gorgeous clue has inspired one of my cutest homeware pieces to date. All you have to do is guess what it might be.
The Curious Project will be running quarterly throughout 2021. Once again you can choose from a yearly subscription or a single Curious Project. Yearly subscription customers will receive 10% off the cost of buying the four separate Curious Project kits, with the discount applied automatically at checkout.
We've now added the option for you to choose whether you'd like knitting needles included, so you don't end up with several pairs of the same size!
The estimated delivery date for the kits is 22nd March, and we're working our fastest to get the kits to you.
WHAT IS THE CURIOUS PROJECT?
The Curious Project is a mystery knitting kit, where you pre-order a kit based on an illustrated clue. When your kit arrives all will be revealed! You'll receive all the materials needed to make your project, and a custom tote bag too.
This Curious Project's clue was designed by British-American illustrator and print designer Aderice Palmer-Jones. Aderice's illustration will feature on the front of the tote bag and on an exclusive notebook which you’ll receive alongside your kit.
There are a limited number of Curious Project kits, and the patterns are one off designs never released as digital patterns. Once the kits sell out, they won't be available again.
GUEST ILLUSTRATOR - ADERICE PALMER-JONES
Here's Aderice telling us more about her work and the inspirations behind her illustrations:
"From a small town in the East Midlands, my work surrounds exploring black culture and black women. After growing up in a predominantly White community, it was important for me to envision and see women who looked like me within everyday illustration.
Being a Black woman, and being of dual British and American citizenship, my practice is also directly inspired by Black culture in the 1970s - recognising that Black is beautiful and the importance of knowing your worth. Much of my work seeks to understand and reflect these themes. Furthermore, I am constantly inspired by pattern design from the early 70s and endeavour to explore the themes of freedom, colour and vitality through print; this has inspired my grapefruit pattern for Sincerely Louise.
After graduating from Leeds Arts University with a degree in illustration in 2019, I have worked for Leeds Arts University Student Union as Student President, taking a short break from my personal practice in order to devote my time to the student's voice within the University.
As of now, I am based in Liverpool studying to become a qualified nurse. I plan to pursue a career in nursing as well as continuing my illustration and printmaking."
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- A step by step pattern and photo sewing up booklet - written in English
- All the yarn needed to knit the project
- Extra materials to make your project
- 5mm (US 8) and 6mm (US 10) knitting needles (optional)
- Custom tote bag featuring illustration
Exclusive Aderice Palmer-Jones notebook
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner to intermediate. Textured yarns are used for this project. Every row will be included in the pattern for you to tick off.
STITCHES USED: This project uses basic knitting skills, including knitting, purling, increasing (Kfb), decreasing (SKP and K2tog) and sewing up using back stitch. There won't be any intarsia colour changing or knitting in the round.
Like with the original set of Curious Projects we're offering a subscription service. You can sign up for a year's subscription for all four kits, this means you won't miss out on any them! Subscription customers will always be allocated a kit and a small amount of single kits will be available throughout the year, on a first come first serve basis.
For each of our quarterly projects we'll be working with a different guest illustrator. The designs will be seasonal and will, of course, have a Sincerely Louise twist!
The four Curious Projects will be delivered in, March, June, September and November.
Subscription customers will receive an automatic 10% discount off the cost of buying the four separate Curious Project kits, this will be applied in the basket.
Subscription customers will be charged for four amounts of postage when checking out, this cost will vary from country to country.
Subscriptions will only be open once in February 2021. No further subscriptions will be taken throughout the year. You can cancel your subscription at any time and will be refunded the amount for any future kits, however you will not receive the 10% discount on any bags already delivered.
- If buying additional items with your Curious Project, these will be shipped at the same time as the project in March.
- There has been a slight increase in price of the Curious Project, due to the implications of Brexit and shortages of materials. By slightly increasing the price we can continue making designs we're proud of.
- Shipping costs may be higher than usual, due to Brexit and the pandemic. EU customers may be charged additional fees and duties. Please note, we only charge the amount it costs us to send the project to you, not the time spent packaging the kits. We understand the price of postage may be expensive for international customers and we always try to find the most affordable services.
- International kits will be posted earlier than the UK kits, so everyone should receive their kit at the same time.
- You can return your kit within 30 days of delivery, as long as the kit is in its original condition. You will be refunded the cost of the kit, minus the original delivery cost and will have to pay for delivery back to Sincerely Louise. Please retain your proof of postage as refunds cannot be issued until the kits have arrived at SL HQ.