One of our previously extinct knitting kits is finally back! My giant triceratops is the perfect knit for dinosaur enthusiasts, and now you can choose different yarn colour combinations too. If you’d like a mini triceratops, click here to see my other listing.
The triceratops’ frill uses a pico edge, which means there is less sewing up than with my original design. Don’t worry if you haven’t knitted a pico edge before, as there is a photo tutorial included in the pattern.
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- Pattern booklet - written in English
- Main Colour - 2 x 100g of Rico Creative Twist Super Chunky - 80% acrylic, 20% alpaca
- Horn Colour - 1 x 100g of Rico Creative Twist Super Chunky - 80% acrylic, 20% alpaca
A pair of 9mm (US 13) knitting needles (optional)
- Large Sincerely Louise backing board
- Darning needle
- 200g toy stuffing
- 2 x 24mm toy eyes and washers
- Sincerely Louise tote bag
FINISHED SIZE: 43cm x 45cm x 30cm (17in x 18in x 12in)
SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate, for knitters who know the basics. A full photo tutorial for the pico edge is included in the pattern.
STITCHES USED: Knit, purl, increasing (Kfb, Kfbf), decreasing (K2tog, SKP), YO (yarn over) as part of the pico edge row, sewing up using mattress stitch.
Yarn colours may vary slightly in real life, depending on your screen display.
Warning: this is not a toy and is not suitable for children under 13 years old. This kit contains small parts.