Knit your own set of mini farm friends - a pig, a donkey and a cow. These are my smallest of my faux taxidermy projects, as they're knitted in DK yarn. The yarn is Rico's anti-pilling acrylic which is great to work with and has a lovely shine. The kit includes the materials to make all three heads.
The knitting patterns for the mini farm friends are in my book, 'The Knitter's Activity Book'. You can order the book as part of the kit, or order the kit without the book if you already have a copy.
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- Optional: The Knitter's Activity Book, which includes the pattern. If you already have the book please select the 'Don't include book' option
- 4mm straight knitting needles (optional)
- 4 x 100g Rico Acrylic Antipilling DK - Enough to make all three animals
- 6 x 10mm Toy Eyes and Washers
- 3 x Sincerely Louise Mini Trophy Head Backing Boards
- 3 pairs of 2 x 10mm toy eyes with washers
- 60g x Toy Stuffing
- Darning needle
- Hessian project bag
- Pig: 13cm x 14cm x 12cm (5in x 5.5in x 4.5in)
- Donkey: 13cm x 15cm x 11cm (5in x 6in x 4.5in)
- Cow: 16cm x 14cm x 14cm (6.5in x 5.5in x 5.5in)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy to intermediate skill level. They are knitted on straight needles, so there's no knitting in the round, but there is some intarsia colour work.
STITCHES USED: Knit, Purl, Increasing and Decreasing (Kfb, K2tog and SKP), intarsia colour work, mattress stitch for sewing up.
Yarn colours may vary, depending on your screen display
Warning: this is not a toy and is not suitable for children under 13 years old. Kit contains small parts.