There’s something so magical about unicorns. I’m such a fan that I have not one, but three unicorn tattoos! I designed my first unicorn head back in 2016, I sold out of the kits instantly then and it’s still one of my most popular ones. The mini unicorn is available in two colourways, with a lilac hair and silver horn or pink hair and blue horn, so you can choose whichever one you think is the most magical.
I’ve updated the original design so there’s no intarsia colour changing, and it’s knitted on straight needles. The unicorn is a simple knit with intermediate sewing up, but there’s a full photo tutorial included in the pattern. Everything you need to knit your own mini unicorn head is included in the kit - even the stuffing. I hope you enjoy knitting your unicorn as much as I love these mythical beasts!
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- A step by step pattern and photo sewing up booklet - written in English.
- A pair of 5mm (US 8) knitting needles (optional)
- Main Colour - 1 x 50g ball of Scheepjes Stone Washed XL in cream - 70% cotton, 30% acrylic
- Contrast colour - 1 x 50g ball of Scheepjes Stone Washed XL - 70% cotton, 30% acrylic
- Horn colour - 10g Scheepjes Stone Washed XL - 70% cotton, 30% acrylic
- A small amount of black yarn for embroidering
- Mini Sincerely Louise trophy board
- 50g toy stuffing
- Darning needle
- 2 x 12mm toy eyes and washers
- Sincerely Louise project bag
FINISHED SIZE: 12cm x 16cm x 23cm (5in x 6in x 9in)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy knitting with intermediate sewing up. This pattern is aimed at knitters who know how to knit, purl, increase, decrease and follow a pattern. A full photo tutorial has been included for sewing up, and mounting your finished knit onto a backing board.
STITCHES USED: Knit, Purl, Increasing and Decreasing (Kfb, K2tog and SKP), mattress stitch for sewing up.
Please note: The knitting pattern only includes the instructions for the mini unicorn head only, not both sizes.
Yarn colours may vary slightly in real life, depending on your screen display.
Warning: this is not a toy and is not suitable for children under 13 years old. This kit contains small parts.