My cloud is the third instalment in this series of pandemic knitting patterns, after my rainbow and sunshine designs. Since lockdown has been lifted, almost everyone I've chatted to has said they've struggled with their mental health or have felt burnt out. I know I certainly have. This is the materials bundle for a super chunky version of the cloud which includes everything you'll need to knit yours, and 15% from the sales of these kits will be donated to the mental health, Mind.
The kit doesn't include the knitting pattern, because that is free here. You just follow the instructions, and knit the cloud using your materials bundle. You can choose if you'd like to have rainbow colours or sparkly metallic yarn for your raindrops.
WHAT’S IN THE KIT?
- Main colour for cloud - 2 x 100g balls of Scheepjes Peru Super Chunky yarn - 20% alpaca, 80% acrylic
- Contrast colour for raindrops - 1 x 50g ball of Rico Fashion Metallise metallic aran yarn in black and silver (42% wool, 58% polyester) or 9 x 30g of Stylecraft Special Chunky yarn for the rainbow raindrops (100% acrylic)
- Some super chunky black yarn, which you'll use to embroider the smile.
- 9mm (US 13) straight knitting needles and 6mm (US 10) straight knitting needles (optional)
- 2 x 24 mm black toy eyes and washers
- Fishing line and chunky yarn for hanging the droplets from the cloud. You can choose which you’d rather use.
- 200g of toy stuffing
- Darning needle for sewing up
- Hessian project bag
FINISHED SIZE: The cloud itself measures: 53cm x 25cm x 8cm (21in x 10in x 3 1/2in). Including the raindrops the whole knit measures 71cm x 25cm x 5cm (28in x 10cm x 2in)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy - Intermediate, for knitters who know the basics.
STITCHES USED: Knit, Purl, increasing (Kfb), decreasing (K2tog, K3tog, SKP)
Yarn colours may vary slightly in real life depending on your screen display.
Warning: this is not a toy and is not suitable for children under 13 years old. Kit contains small parts.