If you need a study buddy or a little motivation to get through the working day, then this is the project for you. Meet my most legendary mythical creature to date, the Loch Ness (Desk) Monster! My Nessie kit is great for beginners, and can be knitted on straight needles or in the round. Straight 4mm bamboo needles are an option to include in the kit, however if working in the round you'll need your own 4mm circular needles. FINISHED SIZE:
Head: 40cm x 9cm, Body 25cm arched (40cm laid flat) x 9cm, Tail 30cm x 9cm. WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- Knitting pattern with photo tutorial for sewing up - written in English
- 4mm straight needles (optional)
- 2x 100g of Stylecraft Life DK in mint - 80% acrylic, 20% wool
- 60g polyester toy stuffing
- 2 x 10mm black safety toy eyes with washers
- Plastic sewing up needle and embroidery yarn
- A Sincerely Louise bucket bag - similar to the tote bag in the photo, but also with the Sincerely Louise fox logo on
1000g of sand, an old pair of tights and a 3.5cm pompom maker.SKILL LEVEL:
Easy for beginners who know the basics, and can knit, purl, increase and decrease. There's also some sewing up. STITCHES USED:
Knit, Purl, Increasing and Decreasing (Kfb, K2tog and SKP), mattress stitch for sewing up.