This cute Hot Dog Dog, project 8 from First Time Knits, is up there as one of my all time favourite projects! You’ll need the First Time Knits book which has the knitting pattern for the Hot Dog Dog in it, and then you use the materials in this kit to make it. You can choose whether or not you'd like to include the book with your kit.
The Hot Dog Dog follows a basic pattern, but introduces a little bit of colour work for the mustard. The First Time Knits book includes a step by step photo tutorial for the colour work, as well as an accompanying video tutorial.
If you'd like the knitting kit for a smaller Hot Dog Dog, in DK yarn, please click here.
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- First Time Knits book, with the knitting pattern in it, written in English (optional)
- 1 x 100g Stylecraft Special Chunky in dark brown - 100% acrylic yarn
- 1 x 100g Stylecraft Special Chunky in camel - 100% acrylic yarn
- 1 x 100g Stylecraft Special Chunky in cream - 100% acrylic yarn
- 30g of Chunky Yarn in mustard - 50% acrylic, 50% wool
- 6mm (US 10) knitting needles (optional)
- Darning needle
- Toy stuffing
- 2 x 12mm and 1 x 15mm toy eyes and washers - for eyes and nose of hot dog dog
- Hessian project bag
FINISHED SIZE: 40cm x 22cm (16in x 9in)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy to intermediate, as it includes some colour changing. There is a step-by-step photo tutorial for this colour changing included in the First Time Knits book, and also an accompanying video tutorial.
STITCHES USED: Knit, Purl, Increasing (Kfb), Decreasing (K2tog, SKP), mattress stitch, colour changing in the middle of the row.
Yarn colours may vary, depending on your screen display
Warning: this is not a toy and is not suitable for children under 13 years old. Kit contains small parts.