Make your own badger head with this knitting kit from my Forest Friends range. This is one of my classic designs scaled down to a baby version. There's a fair bit of colour changing so it’s an intermediate kit, but it is knitted on straight needles so there isn’t any knitting in the round. Everything you need to knit your forest friend is included in the kit, even the stuffing.
This knitting kit won’t teach you how to knit, but my new book First Time Knits can take you from beginner to knitter in nine fun (and cute) projects.
FINISHED SIZE: 22cm x 16cm x 15cm (9in x 6.5in x 6in)
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- A step by step pattern and photo sewing up booklet - written in English. The pattern includes the instructions for making a mini head and giant head.
- 50g of cream chunky yarn in Rico Mega Wool Chunky - 55% Virgin Wool, 45% Acrylic. This is different to the How Does it Feel yarn listed in the pattern, due to supplier issues, but it achieves the same tension.
- 50g of black chunky yarn
- 50g polyester toy stuffing
- 6mm (US 10) straight knitting needles (optional)
- 2 x 12mm black safety toy eyes and washers
- Sincerely Louise laser cut MDF trophy board
- Sincerely Louise project bag
SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate. There's no working in the round but there is colour changing.
STITCHES USED: Knit, Purl, Increasing and Decreasing (Kfb, K2tog and SKP), Intarsia colour work, mattress stitch for sewing up
Yarn colours may vary slightly in real life depending on your screen display.
Don’t forget to share your finished knits with me on my instagram @sincerelylouise. I run competitions for my knitters and there are prizes!