If you'd like to bring a bit of sunshine into your life, you can knit one! Here’s a materials bundle including Stylecraft Special Chunky yarn and all the other materials needed for your finished knit, even the stuffing, then you can follow my free digital knitting pattern here. The finished size would be similar to the chunky version I knitted in Rico Merino Mega Chunky, which is featured in the second image, but the knit would be a lighter colour.
WHAT'S IN THE BUNDLE?
This is a MATERIALS ONLY pack. No paper pattern is included as the digital knitting pattern is listed free here.
- 1 x 100g ball of Stylecraft Special Chunky yarn in saffron - 100% acrylic
- A small amount of DK pink wool for the cheeks - 100% acrylic
- A small amount of black chunky yarn for the smile
- A pair of 6mm (US 10) and a pair of 4mm (US 8) knitting needles (optional)
- 2 x 15mm toy eyes
- 100g polyester toy stuffing
- Hessian project bag
APPROXIMATE FINISHED SIZE: 20cm (8in) in diameter x 4cm (2in) wide
SKILL LEVEL: Easy, for knitters who know the basics
STITCHES USED: Knit, Purl, increasing and decreasing (Kfb, K2tog and SKP), bobbles and mattress stitch for sewing up.
Yarn colours may vary slightly in real life.
Warning: this is not a toy and is not suitable for children under 13 years old. Kit contains small parts.