If you'd like to knit your own sun using some chunky acrylic yarn then I'd recommend using Stylecraft Special Chunky. I haven't knitted a Sunshine in this yarn, but I have used it for a chunky rainbow and it knits up beautifully. The finished size would be similar to the chunky version I knitted in Rico Merino Mega Chunky, which is featured in the second image, but the knit would be a lighter colour.
APPROXIMATE FINISHED SIZE: 20cm (8n) in diameter x 4cm (2in) wide
WHAT'S IN THE BUNDLE?
- This is a MATERIALS ONLY bundle, no paper pattern is included as the digital knitting pattern is listed free here.
- 1 x 100 ball of Stylecraft Special Chunky (100% acrylic) in saffron
- A small amount of DK pink wool for the cheeks (100% acrylic)
- A small amount of black chunky yarn for the smile
- 2 x 15mm toy eyes
- 100g polyester toy stuffing
- Sincerely Louise project bag
- Optional 6mm and 4mm (US 10 and 8) knitting needles
SKILL LEVEL: Easy, for knitters who know the basics
STITCHES USED: Knit, Purl, Increasing and Decreasing (Kfb, K2tog and SKP), bobbles and mattress stitch for sewing up.