I absolutely love designing animal heads! From foxes to unicorns, it’s always so much fun figuring out the pattern and the moose is no exception. He's the perfect winter project that'll look good on your wall all year long.
The mini moose is knitted using Scheepjes Stone Washed XL. I chose this yarn as I loved the white strands running through it. Here’s the listing for the giant moose head, to knit one to to keep your mini one company.
FINISHED SIZE: 24cm x 30cm x 26cm (9in x 12in x 10in)
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- Pattern booklet - written in English
- A pair of 5mm (US 8) knitting needles (optional)
- 2 x 50g of Scheepjes Stone Washed XL in Obsidian - 70% cotton, 30% acrylic
- 1 x 50g of Scheepjes Stone Washed XL in Boulder Opal - 70% cotton, 30% acrylic
- A small amount of black yarn for embroidering the nostrils
- Sincerely Louise mini backing board
- 2 x 80cm (32in) strands of florist wire
- Sewing needle
- 50g toy stuffing
- 2 x 12mm toy eyes and washers
- Sincerely Louise project bag
SKILL LEVEL: This project is aimed at confident knitters as it uses intermediate knitting and sewing skills
STITCHES USED: Knit, purl, increasing (Kfb), decreasing (K2tog, SKP) and casting on and off at the beginning of the row.
Yarn colours may vary slightly to real life depending on your screen display.