I absolutely love designing animal heads! From foxes to unicorns, it’s always so much fun figuring out the pattern and the moose is no exception. It's the perfect winter project that'll look good on your wall all year long.
My giant moose is knitted using Rico’s Creative Chunky Twist, a super chunky yarn made using a blend of acrylic and alpaca. It gives the giant moose head a wonderful texture. The twist of the yarn has white strands of alpaca running through it, which I think look a bit like snowdrops! See my other listing for the mini moose head knitting kit, to knit one to keep this one company.
FINISHED SIZE: 48cm x 60cm x 32cm (19in x 24in x 20in)
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- Pattern booklet - written in English
- 2 x 100g of Rico Creative Twist Super Chunky in rust - 80% acrylic, 20% alpaca
- 1 x 100g of Rico Creative Twist Super Chunky in beige - 80% acrylic, 20% alpaca
- A small amount of black yarn for embroidering the nostrils
- A pair of 9mm (US 13) knitting needles (optional)
- Large Sincerely Louise backing board
- 2 x 160cm (63in) strands of 2mm florist wire
- Sewing needle
- 200g toy stuffing
- 2 x 24mm toy eyes and washers
- Sincerely Louise project bag
SKILL LEVEL: This project is aimed at confident knitters as it uses intermediate knitting and sewing skills
STITCHES USED: Knit, purl, increasing (Kfb), decreasing (K2tog, SKP) and casting on and off at the beginning of the row.
Yarn colours may vary slightly to real life depending on your screen display.
Warning: This is not a toy and is not suitable for children under 13 years old. Kit contains small parts.