My cloud is the third instalment in this series of pandemic knitting patterns, after my rainbow and sunshine designs. Since lockdown has been lifted, almost everyone I've chatted to has said they've struggled with their mental health or have felt burnt out. I know I certainly have. This is the materials bundle for a chunky version of the cloud which includes everything you'll need to knit yours, and 15% from the sales of these kits will be donated to the mental health, Mind.
This kit now has an optional printed paper pattern, if you'd like one included in your kit. If not, you can view the knitting pattern on our blog for free here.
WHAT’S IN THE KIT?
- Main colour for cloud - 1 x 100g ball of Rico Mega Wool chunky yarn (55% wool, 45% acrylic)
- Contrast colour for raindrops - Scheepjes Colour Crafter DK yarn - 9 x 10g for rainbow raindrops. If you would like raindrops in just one colour instead, please get in touch.
- Some chunky black yarn, which you'll use to embroider the smile.
- 6mm (US 10) straight knitting needles and 4mm (US 6) straight knitting needles (optional)
- Knitting pattern - A5 colour paper pattern written in English (optional)
- 2 x 12 mm black toy eyes and washers
- Fishing line and chunky yarn for hanging the droplets from the cloud. You can choose which you’d rather use.
- 100g of toy stuffing
- Darning needle for sewing up
- Hessian project bag
FINISHED SIZE: The cloud itself measures: 36cm x 20cm x 5cm (14in x 4in x 2in). Including the raindrops the whole knit measures 53cm x 20cm x 5cm (21in x 4in x 2in).
SKILL LEVEL: Easy - Intermediate, for knitters who know the basics.
STITCHES USED: Knit, Purl, increasing (Kfb), decreasing (K2tog, K3tog, SKP)
Yarn colours may vary slightly in real life depending on your screen display.
Warning: this is not a toy and is not suitable for children under 13 years old. Kit contains small parts.