If you need a study buddy or a little motivation to get through the working day, then this is the project for you. Meet my most legendary mythical creature to date, the Loch Ness (Desk) Monster!
This knitting kit includes Stylecraft Life DK yarn. The different yarn colour options you can choose are shown in the photos next to the original colour that the Desk Loch Ness kit came in, which is no longer available. If you would rather have a kit including the Scheepjes Colour Crafter DK yarn in other colours, please click here.
My Nessie kit is great for beginners, and can be knitted on straight needles or in the round. Straight 4mm (US 6) needles are an option to include in the kit, however if working in the round you'll need your own 4mm circular needles.
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- Knitting pattern including photo tutorial for sewing up - written in English
- 2 x 100g of Stylecraft Life DK yarn in main colour - 75% acrylic, 25% wool
- A small amount of black DK yarn for embroidery
- 4mm (US 6) straight needles (optional)
- 60g polyester toy stuffing
- 2 x 10mm black safety toy eyes with washers
- Plastic darning needle
- Hessian project bag
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- A 3.5cm (1 1/2in) pompom maker. Alternatively you can make your own pom-poms using your hands or some cardboard, and here are videos on YouTube about how to do this.
- 6 small plastic bags
- 1kg of chinchilla sand. This is used to weigh down the pieces of your Loch Ness Monster. You can find this at your local pet store, as it is a type of sand used as bathing dust for chinchillas. If you were using regular sand, it could get damp.
FINISHED SIZE: Head: 40cm x 9cm (16in x 3 ½in), Body (arched): 25cm x 9cm (10in x 3 ½ in), Tail: 30cm x 9cm (12cm x 3 ½ in)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy, if you know the basics and can read a knitting pattern.
STITCHES USED: Knit, Purl, increasing (Kfb), decreasing (K2tog and SKP), mattress stitch for sewing up.
Yarn colours may vary, depending on your screen display
Warning: this is not a toy and is not suitable for children under 13 years old. Kit contains small parts.