Make your own farm friend with my ram head knitting kit. This project is a great introduction to faux taxidermy as it uses basic knitting techniques, like knitting, purling, increasing and decreasing. There's no colour changing, and this pattern uses stitch markers to help place the ram’s features.
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- Knitting pattern - written in English
- 2 x 100g of Scheepjes Peru super chunky yarn in main colour - 80% acrylic, 20% alpaca
- 1 x 100g of Scheepjes Peru super chunky yarn in main colour - 80% acrylic, 20% alpaca
- A small amount of black yarn for embroidering the nose
- A small amount of DK yarn for sewing the head to the backing board
- A pair of 9mm (US 13) knitting needles (optional)
- Large Sincerely Louise backing board
- 200g toy stuffing
- 2 x 24mm toy eyes and washers
- Darning needle
- Sincerely Louise project bag
FINISHED SIZE: 38cm x 34cm x 50cm (15in x 14in x 20in)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy knitting and intermediate sewing up. The ram is knitted on straight needles, so there's no working in the round
STITCHES USED: Knit, Purl, Increasing and Decreasing (Kfb, K2tog and SKP), mattress stitch for sewing up.
Yarn colours may vary slightly in real life.
Warning: this is not a toy and is not suitable for children under 13 years old. Kit contains small parts.