Meet the newest member of the Sincerely Louise flock, my Shropshire Sheep. After a wonderful holiday in Shropshire, I thought this would be the perfect addition to my faux taxidermy collection.
The Shropshire Sheep uses bobble stitch, which gives the fleece a lovely texture. If you haven't knitted a bobble before don't worry, as the pattern includes a photo tutorial. The pattern is more advanced than Eunice the Sheep, as more bobbles are used. There is also a very small amount of colour changing in the middle of the row. You can either carry the yarn with you when changing colour or use the intarsia colour changing technique.
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- Pattern booklet - written in English
- 2 x 100g of Cream Stylecraft XL Tweed - 100% acrylic
- 2 x 100g of Dark Grey Stylecraft XL Tweed - 100% acrylic - please note this is slightly lighter than the black pictured.
- A small amount of pink yarn for embroidering the nose
- A small amount of DK yarn for sewing the head to the backing board
- A pair of 9mm (US 13) knitting needles (optional)
- Sincerely Louise large backing board
- 2 x 24mm toy eyes and washers
- 200g toy stuffing
- Plastic sewing up needle
- Sincerely Louise tote bag
FINISHED SIZE: 30cm x 32cm x 38cm (12in x 13in x 15in)
SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate - Advanced. This pattern is aimed at knitters who know how to knit, purl, increase, decrease, colour change in the middle of a row and follow a pattern. A full photo tutorial has been included for bobble stitch, sewing up, and mounting your finished knit onto a backing board.
STITCHES USED: Knit, Purl, increasing (Kfb, Kfbf), decreasing (K2tog, K3tog, SKP), stocking stitch, intarsia colour changing, B (bobble).
Yarn colours may vary slightly in real life. Warning: this is not a toy and is not suitable for children under 13 years old. Kits include small parts.