In 2013, I was commissioned by Boden to create a set of faux taxidermy heads and my deer head was part of the original set. My giant head has always been a fan favourite so I'm really excited to introduce a mini version of it.
The mini deer is knitted using Scheepjes Stone Washed XL. I chose this yarn as I loved the feel of the yarn and the white strands running through it. Click here for the giant deer head kit, to knit one to keep your mini one company.
FINISHED SIZE: 24cm x 30cm x 26cm (9in x 12in x 10in)
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- Pattern booklet - written in English
- A pair of 5mm (US 8) knitting needles (optional)
- 1 x 50g of Scheepjes Stone Washed XL in Obsidian - 70% cotton, 30% acrylic
- 1 x 50g of Scheepjes Stone Washed XL in Boulder Opal - 70% cotton, 30% acrylic
- 10g of Scheepjes Stone Washed XL in Cream - 70% cotton, 30% acrylic
- Small amount Scheepjes Stone Washed XL in Black - 70% cotton, 30% acrylic
- Sincerely Louise mini backing board
- 2 x 80cm (32in) strands of florist wire
- Sewing needle
- 50g toy stuffing
- 2 x 12mm toy eyes and washers
- Sincerely Louise project bag
SKILL LEVEL: This project is aimed at confident knitters as it uses intermediate knitting and sewing skills
STITCHES USED: Knit, purl, increasing (Kfb), decreasing (K2tog, SKP) and casting on and off at the beginning of the row.
Yarn colours may vary slightly to real life depending on your screen display.