Make your own panda head with this knitting kit, scaled down to a baby panda version. It's knitted on straight needles but has a little bit of colour changing around the eyes. Everything you need to knit the mini panda head is included in the kit - even the stuffing!
This knitting kit won’t teach you how to knit, but my new book First Time Knits can take you from beginner to knitter in nine fun (and cute) projects
FINISHED SIZE: 20cm x 17cm x 16cm (8in x 7in x 6.5in)
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- A step by step pattern and photo sewing up booklet - written in English. The pattern includes the instructions for making a mini panda head and a giant head.
- 100g of cream chunky yarn - Rico Mega Wool Chunky - 55% Virgin Wool, 45% Acrylic. This is different to the How Does it Feel yarn listed in the pattern, due to supplier issues, but it achieves the same tension.
- 50g of black chunky yarn
- 50g polyester toy stuffing
- 6mm (US 10) straight knitting needles (optional)
- 2 x 15mm black safety toy eyes and washers
- Sincerely Louise laser cut MDF trophy board
- Sincerely Louise project bag
SKILL LEVEL: Easy to intermediate knit, as there's some colour changing in the ears. The mini panda head is knitted on straight needles, so there's no working in the round.
STITCHES USED: Knit, Purl, Increasing and Decreasing (Kfb, K2tog and SKP), Intarsia colour changing, mattress stitch for sewing up.
Yarn colours may vary, depending on your screen display.
Don’t forget to share your finished knits with me on my instagram @sincerelylouise. I run competitions for my knitters and there are prizes!