Make your own mini polar bear head with my easy knitting kit. The polar bear is a great introduction to faux taxidermy for beginners looking for their first project. It's great for crafters who know the basics, as the head is only knitted in one colour with the features sewn on. Everything is included in the kit - even the stuffing
FINISHED SIZE: 20cm x 17cm x 16cm (8in x 7in x 6.5in)
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- A step by step pattern and photo sewing up booklet - written in English. The pattern includes the instructions for making a mini polar bear head and a giant polar bear head.
- 100g of cream chunky yarn - Rico Mega Wool Chunky - 55% Virgin Wool, 45% Acrylic. This is different to the How Does it Feel yarn listed in the pattern, due to supplier issues, but it achieves the same tension.
- 10g of black chunky yarn
- 50g polyester toy stuffing
- 6mm (US 10) straight knitting needles (optional)
- 2 x 12mm black safety toy eyes and washers
- Sincerely Louise laser cut MDF trophy board
- Sincerely Louise project bag
SKILL LEVEL: Easy knitting and intermediate sewing up. The polar bear head is knitted on straight needles, so there's no working in the round.
STITCHES USED: Knit, Purl, Increasing and Decreasing (Kfb, K2tog and SKP), mattress stitch for sewing up.