Make your own giant panda with our super chunky knitting kit! It's great for beginners who know the basics of knitting. Scrap yarn markers are used to mark where the panda features go and it has a little bit of colour changing on the eyes, but other than that the panda head is a pretty easy make. The yarn is super chunky, so it knits up quickly and everything is included in the kit, even the stuffing.
This knitting kit won’t teach you how to knit, but my new book First Time Knits can take you from beginner to knitter in nine fun (and cute) projects
FINISHED SIZE: 44cm x 34cm x 33cm (17.5in x 13.5in x 13in)
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- A step by step pattern and photo sewing up booklet - written in English. The pattern includes the instructions for making a giant and mini head.
- 9mm (US 13) straight knitting needles (optional)
- 3 x 100g balls of cream super chunky yarn - 100% acrylic
- 1 x 100g ball of black super chunky yarn - 100% acrylic
- 200g polyester toy stuffing
- 2 x 24mm black toy eyes and washers
- Sincerely Louise laser cut MDF backing board
- Plastic sewing up needle and sewing up yarn
- Fishing line for putting up the head
- Hand printed hessian Sincerely Louise project bag
SKILL LEVEL: Easy to intermediate skill level, there's no working in the round but there is a small amount of colour changing.
STITCHES USED: Knit, Purl, Increasing and Decreasing (Kfb, K2tog and SKP), Intarsia colour work, mattress stitch for sewing up.
Yarn colours may vary, depending on your screen display.
Don’t forget to share your finished knits with me on my instagram @sincerelylouise. I run competitions for my knitters and there are prizes!