Make your own polar bear head with my easy knitting kit. This Arctic project is a great introduction to faux taxidermy for beginners who know the basics of knitting. The polar bear is knitted on straight needles, so there's no working in the round. Everything you need to make your own polar bear is included in the kit - even the stuffing!
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- A step by step pattern and photo sewing up booklet - written in English. The pattern includes the instructions for making a giant polar bear head and a mini one.
- 2 x 100g balls of super chunky yarn in cream - 80% acrylic, 20% alpaca
- Small amount of black super chunky yarn
- 200g polyester toy stuffing
- 9mm (US 13) straight knitting needles (optional)
- 2 x 24mm black safety toy eyes and washers
- Sincerely Louise laser cut MDF backing board
- Plastic sewing up needle and sewing up yarn
- Hessian hand printed project bag
FINISHED SIZE: 40cm x 38cm x 40cm (16in x 15in x 16in)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy knitting and intermediate sewing up.
STITCHES USED: Knit, Purl, Increasing and Decreasing (Kfb, K2tog and SKP), mattress stitch for sewing up.
Yarn colours may vary, depending on your screen display.
Warning: This is not a toy and is not suitable for children under 13 years old. Kit contains small parts.