The second project from First Time Knits is a cup warmer, which is perfect for keeping your reusable coffee cup warm and cute. You’ll need the First Time Knits book for the knitting pattern, if you don’t already have it, and then you use the materials in this kit to make your cup warmer. There’s an option to buy the kit with or without the book. This project is knitted using the knit stitch, but it also teaches you how to increase the number of stitches on a row.
There are three designs to choose from including the bear, fox and rabbit which all follow the same basic pattern, but there are variations for the ears. All you have to do is choose your yarn colour and then your design.
FINISHED SIZE: Will fit an average size reusable cup
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- First Time Knits book - with the knitting pattern in it (optional)
- A pair of 6mm (US 10) knitting needles - optional
- 1x 100g Stylecraft Special Chunky - 100% acrylic yarn. You’ll have enough yarn to make several cup warmers.
- Plastic sewing needle and black yarn for embroidery
- Sincerely Louise bucket bag
SKILL LEVEL: Easy. For absolute beginners to knitting
STITCHES USED: Knit, Increasing (Kfb)
YARN COLOURS MAY VARY SLIGHTLY IN REAL LIFE TO THOSE PICTURED