Knit your own giant lion head to look striking on any wall, with the sixth project from First Time Knits. I started my career designing faux taxidermy so how could I not include one in my book! You’ll need the First Time Knits book for the knitting pattern, if you don’t already have it, and then you use the materials in this kit to make it. There is an option to buy the kit with or without the book.
The yarn is an alpaca and acrylic mix, which is a lovely texture. The lion head introduces the use of the loop stitch. The First Time Knits book, which includes the knitting pattern for the lion head also includes a step-by-step picture tutorial for the loop stitch and an accompanying video tutorial.
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- First Time Knits book - with the knitting pattern in it (optional)
- 1 x 100g of Rico Creative Twist Super Chunky in yellow - 80% acrylic, 20% alpaca
- 2 x 100g of Rico Creative Twist Super Chunky in camel - 80% acrylic, 20% alpaca
- 30g of Rico Creative Twist Super Chunky in cream - 80% acrylic, 20% alpaca
- 20g of Rico Creative Twist Super Chunky in black - 80% acrylic, 20% alpaca
- A pair of 10mm (US 15) knitting needles (optional)
- Sincerely Louise giant backing board
- 2 x 24mm toy eyes and washers
- Darning needle
- Toy stuffing
- Sincerely Louise tote bag
FINISHED SIZE: 25cm x 19cm x 33cm (9 ⅞in x 7 ½in x 13in)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy to intermediate for knitters that know the basics.
STITCHES USED: Knit, purl, increasing (Kfb), decreasing (K2tog, SKP) and loop stitch. The First Time Knits book includes a step-by-step picture tutorial for the loop stitch, and an accompanying video tutorial.
Yarn colours may vary slightly in real life depending on your screen display.
WARNING: this is not a toy and is not suitable for children under 13 years old. Kit contains small parts.