This cute Hot Dog Dog, project 8 from First Time Knits, is up there as one of my all time favourite projects! You’ll need the First Time Knits book which has the knitting pattern for the Hot Dog Dog in it, and then you use the materials in this kit to make it. You can choose whether or not you'd like to include the book with your kit.
The Hot Dog Dog follows a basic pattern, but introduces a little bit of colour work for the mustard. The First Time Knits book includes a step by step photo tutorial for the colour work, as well as an accompanying video tutorial.
If you'd like the knitting kit for a bigger Hot Dog Dog, in chunky yarn, please click here.
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- First Time Knits book, with the knitting pattern in it, written in English (optional)
- 1 x 100g Stylecraft Special DK in dark brown - 100% acrylic yarn
- 1 x 100g Stylecraft Special DK in camel - 100% acrylic yarn
- 1 x 100g Stylecraft Special DK in cream - 100% acrylic yarn
- 20g of Stylecraft Special DK in mustard - 100% acrylic yarn
- 4mm (US 6) knitting needles (optional)
- Darning needle
- 50g toy stuffing
- 2 x 8mm toy eyes and washers for the eyes
- 1 x 10mm toy eyes and washer for the nose
- Hessian project bag
FINISHED SIZE: 26cm (10 ¼ in) long x 14cm (5 ½ in) wide - excluding tail
SKILL LEVEL: Easy to intermediate, as it includes some colour changing. There is a step-by-step photo tutorial for this colour changing included in the First Time Knits book, and also an accompanying video tutorial.
STITCHES USED: Knit, Purl, Increasing (Kfb), Decreasing (K2tog, SKP), mattress stitch, colour changing in the middle of the row.
Yarn colours may vary, depending on your screen display
Warning: this is not a toy and is not suitable for children under 13 years old. Kit contains small parts.