Make your very own scurrying squirrel with this knitting kit from the bonus booklet to my book First Time Knits. The booklet includes the knitting pattern and sewing up instructions for the Squirrel, so you’ll need a copy of it to knit your Squirrel. You can choose whether or not you’d like to include the booklet in your kit. The booklet also has four other knitting patterns in it too - a doughnut kitten, a koala and a gorilla. You can find the doughnut kitten knitting kit here.
The fluffy tail in the super soft super chunky Scheepjes Furry Tales super chunky yarn and the body is knitted in Álafoss Lopi 100% wool, which gives the squirrel a lovely luxurious mix of textures.
The Squirrel uses the skills learnt in the projects from the First Time book, and introduces the use of textured yarns. This is an easy knit if you already know the knitting basics and can read a pattern, or if you have worked through First Time Knits. The pattern uses three sizes of straight knitting needles for the different yarns - 4mm (US 6), 6mm (US 10) and 10mm (US 15) - and you can choose whether or not you'd like to add these to your knitting kit too,
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- First Time Knits bonus booklet which includes the knitting pattern for the squirrel - written in English (optional)
- Main colour - 1 x 100g of Álafoss Lopi chunky yarn in grey - 100% wool
- Contrast colour - 1 x 100g of Álafoss Lopi chunky yarn in white - 100% wool
- Tail - 1 x 100g of Scheepjes Furry Tales super chunky yarn in grey - 100% polyester
- 4mm (US 6), 6mm (US 10) and 10mm (US 15) straight knitting needles (optional)
- A small amount of black DK yarn for embroidery
- 2 x 10mm toy eyes and washers
- 80g polyester toy stuffing
- Plastic darning needle
- Hessian project bag
FINISHED SIZE: 23cm x 23cm x 13cm (9in x 9in x 5in)
SKILL LEVEL: An easy knit if you already know the knitting basics and can read a pattern, or if you have worked through First Time Knits.
STITCHES USED: Knit, Purl, increasing (Kfb), decreasing (K2tog and SKP), mattress stitch for sewing up.
Yarn colours may vary, depending on your screen display
Warning: this is not a toy and is not suitable for children under 13 years old. Kit contains small parts.