In 2013, I was commissioned by Boden to create a set of faux taxidermy heads and my deer head was part of the original set. Unfortunately the shade of yarn I was using for the kits was discontinued and the deer had to take a break from the spotlight, but now I’ve finally found the perfect replacement yarn! Rico’s Creative Chunky Twist is a beautiful blend of acrylic and alpaca, giving the new giant deer head a wonderful texture. The twist of the yarn has white strands of alpaca running through it, which I think look a little bit like snowdrops!
See my other listing for the mini deer head kit, to knit one to keep this one company.
WHAT'S IN THE KIT?
- Pattern booklet - written in English
- A pair of 9mm (US 13) knitting needles (optional)
- 2 x 100g of Rico Creative Twist Super Chunky in rust - 80% acrylic, 20% alpaca
- 1 x 100g of Rico Creative Twist Super Chunky in beige - 80% acrylic, 20% alpaca
- 30g of Rico Creative Twist Super Chunky in cream - 80% acrylic, 20% alpaca
- 10g of Rico Creative Twist Super Chunky in cream - 80% acrylic, 20% alpaca
- 2 x 180 strands of 2mm florist wire
- Large Sincerely Louise backing board
- Plastic sewing up needle
- 200g toy stuffing
- 2 x 24mm toy eyes and washers
- Sincerely Louise project bag
FINISHED SIZE: 45cm x 43cm x 50cm (18in x 17in x 20in)
SKILL LEVEL: This project is aimed at confident knitters as it uses intermediate knitting and sewing skills
STITCHES USED: Knit, purl, increasing (Kfb), decreasing (K2tog, SKP) and casting on and off at the beginning of the row.
Yarn colours may vary slightly to real life depending on your screen display.
Warning: This is not a toy and is not suitable for children under 13 years old. Kit contains small parts.